Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Kansas City Susan G Komen Race for the Cure

Sunday was the Kansas City Susan G Komen Race for the Cure. This year I helped out on the team committee. It was a great experience and not as time consuming as Relay for Life. They must have a zillion volunteers, which is awesome!!!! My "job" was pretty easy. I had to call and email some of the teams and help sort shirts. I signed up to be in charge of team photos...which I didn't realize meant I had to be on site at 6am!! I was up and got there on time...thanks to Carolyn driving...and it was probably best b/c it was already pretty darn crowded!!

There were 28,000+ people at the race!!! It was amazing! It's great to see all the survivors and people walking in celebration and in memory of loved ones. And some of the teams shirts were just GREAT!!!

I highly recommend participanting in this great event and I plan on doing so again next year!!! (I walked last year and a few years before that).

No comments: