Monday, May 3, 2010

....It's been a while since I posted!

Hello Blogworld! I appologize, it's been a while since I posted! I'd like to say it's because I've been sooo busy. That's part of it, but I also have been at a loss for what to blog about! I'm working on that and hope to get better at coming up with ideas! I do, however, have a lot of random thoughts to share!

Real Estate: I actually have been kind of busy! Which is a GREAT thing! I finally had a closing this year that closed the SAME DAY it was suppose to...even if it was hours late! I'm ready for life to get back to normal where lenders do their jobs and the underwriters get things done ON TIME so buyers & sellers can close on time! The tax credit expired but I wasn't affected too much by that. I still have at least one buyer out there looking, though it's slim pickings! I hope more listings come on the market so he can find a great house!

Kansas City: Let's see, in the past few weeks I've been to two different cities in the area I'd never been to before! Louisburg, Kansas & Spring Hill, Kansas. I was out showing in Spring Hill, so hopefully I'll be back there again. I went to see a band in Louisburg...and I've also been told they have a great pumpkin patch and cidermill, so maybe I'll check those out one of these days!

Other News: I'm taking on a second job! I'm going to be a sales rep for 1154 Lill (www.1154lill.com). The opportunity was brought to my attention and I decided to go for it. They just closed their local store and are trying to expand their sales reps from 1 to 2 or 3. I go to Chicago (their headquarters) for training at the end of May then will be ready to sell! They have great bags - I've been using their laptop bag for a few years now and LOVE it!

A Comment that just made my day: I was on a listing appointment last week with a past client. She was a referral from an agent from Lawrence and we worked together to sell her family a home. I've stayed in touch with them via facebook & twitter (and of course my mailers). While chatting, she told me that she mentioned to a friend that they were going to sell their house and was told they had a Realtor if she needed one. She told them she really liked the one who sold her the home (ME!) and liked my marketing techniques and how I used social media!! It MADE MY DAY!! That business and advertising degree IS coming in handy!!!

Random: I'm working from home today (or at least this morning) so I might as well add that the girls are doing great! They are sitting here as I get work done.

Have a great May!!
Jodi

No comments: