Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Twitter

As many of you know, I LOVE social media! That includes facebook & twitter among others. I have a lot of my accounts "streamlined" so that I'm not retyping the same thing in a bunch of places. A few people see things double, but I have different friends/followers on facebook & twitter so it's worth it. Some days I'm not as good about catching up on my twitter feed as other days. I currently use tweetdeck to rtack my accounts (yes, I said accounts! I tweet for myself, 1154 Lill Kansas City and my office. I have heard good things about hootsuite but had issues last week setting it up so I'll have to try again. For now, I'm happy with tweetdeck.

Here is an article I got from Lowe's (again, one of my favorite emails of the day!!). It gives you another way to track your favorite tweets! There ARE companies out there that send deals via twitter!!

4 Twitter Tips that Will Keep You Texting
By Stephanie Andre

RISMEDIA, August 24, 2010—As a real estate professional, you’re on the go all the time. As such, things like SMS text messaging have probably become second nature to you. So why not use this same technology to keep up with Twitter too.

Here are four texting tips from Twitter on how to maximize its technology and your use of SMS:

Fast Follow. Anyone in the U.S. can receive Tweets on their phone even if they haven’t signed up for Twitter. This is a simple way for people to get information they care about in real-time. For example, let’s say you want to get Tweets from New York City’s office of emergency management (@NotifyNYC). Just text ‘follow NotifyNYC’ to 40404 in the US.

Try it out the next time you see a Twitter @username at a restaurant or store, on a billboard or on TV, or if you hear one mentioned on the radio. If you want to appear in a user’s followers list or start to get followers, you’ll need to create a Twitter account. You can SMS by texting ‘signup’ to Twitter at 40404.

Fast Following without creating an account is currently available only in the U.S., but we're working with carriers to bring it to other countries.

Set SMS alerts: From your computer, wherever you see a user on Twitter.com, you can hover over their name or avatar, and click on the phone icon that appears in the hovercard. Whenever they tweet, you'll get it as an SMS message on your phone.

It's just as easy to set alerts from your phone. Send ‘on [username]’ or ‘off [username]’ to 40404 in the U.S.

Tell Twitter to be quiet. Turn text messages on or off by sending ‘on’ or ‘off’ to Twitter. You can also go to our settings page if you want to turn off text message updates during a certain time period.

Keep up with the latest Tweet. If you text 'Get [username]’, that user’s most recent Tweet will be sent to your phone, even if you don’t follow them. There are a bunch of other fun commands you can use with Twitter on your phone.

No comments: