Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Many "Events" of December 1, 2010

Today is December 1, 2010. The fact that it is the first day of December is nothing compared to ALL of the other "events" that are celebrated today.

* It's the "Pay It Forward" day

* It's the 55th Anniversary of Rosa Parks refusing to give up her seat on the bus

* It's AIDS Awareness Day

* It's the first night of Hannukah

Whew, that's a LOT for one little day! I was thinking about what I could do to at least honor some of the days events. The only thing I could really think of for "pay it forward" was to go through a drive thru or to Starbucks and pay for the person behind me. Then my co-worker Wes came up with a great plan. Donate to AIDS awareness day (amfar.org) as my "pay it forward". He also said I could tell my family that I'd donated in their honor for their Hannukah gift (so, happy Hannukah Mom, Dad & Jer!). I guess I didn't find a way to honor Rosa Parks, but hopefully she'll understand!

I hope you found a way to honor at least one of these events!

No comments: