Monday, October 20, 2008

Chiefs Game ....cheerleaders

Can you believe I've gone to TWO professional football games THIS season?? I'd only been to one in my life before this year! Crazy.

The Chiefs were having their first ever Chief's Cheerleaders reunion day. As many of you know, my friend Ashley has been a cheerleader on many professional teams. She is currently a Brigades Cheerleader but has done the Spurs, Mavericks and the Chiefs. She's very talented. Before meeting her I definitely believed the "stereotypes" of the "typical" cheerleader...but she has proven them wrong. I see how hard she practices for each performance. And let me tell ya, after going to her Brigade tryouts a few weeks ago...those are some fast moves!!

So, they decide to have this reunion. VERY unimpressive if you ask me. The girls are asked (via email) to come back. They must by their own ticket, if they'd like a "reunion shirt" they must pay for that, they have a tailgating tent but there is NOTHING at it (they could bring their own food and drinks), they go on the field before the game to take a picture (they are suppose to get this...we shall see) and they are suppose to mention that the girls are their during half time (which didn't happen). We left at the begining of the 4th quarter, so maybe they mentioned it after we left....but I doubt it. I think if you are going to have a reunion and try to get people to come, maybe you should actually ACT like you appreciate the hard work they did. The least they could have had was some food at the tent and acknowledgement of their existance.

....maybe next year.

No comments: