Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sweat plus sacrifice equals success

As many of you know, I'm on a major workout kick. In a typical week, I workout 6 times. It's "me" time. I may not always be enjoying myself while I'm doing it, but I feel great afterwards and know I'm doing something good for my body (physically and mentally).

I started taking a weights class on Tuesday nights last week. It's a killer!! It's 1.5 hrs long (the last 30min is abs/back) and it is NON-stop!! I am usually shaking at the end...but I know I've gotten a good workout. At this weeks class, she mentioned how she gives out "thoughts of the day" to her other classes. This weeks thought was "Sweat plus sacrifice equals success". My first thought was...that is great, I'll make it my facebook status! (which I did) But the more I thought about it (it's much easier to think about something when doing weights then you don't concentrate on your muscles hurting!) I realized how great it was. It doesn't just relate to working out, but to life. Success doesn't just come...you have to work for it! Sometimes that takes sweat and sacrifice. What a great thought of the day! Thanks Jennifer!!

No comments: