Monday, June 14, 2010

Dog N' Jog

I can add another first to my list of things I've done in Kansas City - The Humane Society's Annual Dog N' Jog.

The event was this past Sunday at the Country Club Plaza. You could run (of course this wasn't our option) or walk 1 or 2 miles. We decided to do the 2 mile walk. It was actually a great route - you do laps around the plaza. Two laps = 1 mile and four laps = 2 miles. Jen & little Henry walked Abby, I walked Maddie & Terri walked her dog Murphy. It was a pretty muggy day and Gary Lezak (MC and Chief Metorologist) told us we had ONE hour to get the walk done before the rain started. He was RIGHT ON!! We had finished the walk and were visiting booths when the rain started pouring down!! I was so proud of the girls and their little legs for finishing the entire 2 miles. Maddie did get tired. And I was surprised (and a little upset) that they didn't have water throughout for the dogs - only at the finish line.

It was a great event and I think we'll do it again!!

No comments: