Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I'm cutting the cord...

...on my home phone!!

Yes, I'm really going to do it. After much thought, I'm going to get rid of my home phone line! It's been a hard decision, but I think I can do it! My contract with Time Warner Expires Febuary 7th. BOTH of my home phones have issues. I could go out and buy two additional phones ($80+) or get rid of them both and cut back on my bills in the processes. Very few people call me on my home phone line - my Gram doesn't even use it! Many of my friends and my parents will usually try the home phone first and then call my cell. And I've gotten HORRIBLE about checking my home phone voice mail since my phone downstairs stopped flashing to alert me of a new call. My dad learned a while ago that if I don't return a call for a few days it's usually b/c I forgot to check. He'll just call back if it's important! (I DO check my cell phone voice mails!)

So, I'm getting rid of the land line. I am also considering switching my cable service. Uverse is not availabe in my area so that isn't an option. I haven't heard anything good about Direct TV so that's a no as well. I'm highly considering Dish TV for my cable service after talking with them today. Their current deal is $25/mo for the first year and $40/mo for the section year. The similar package with Time Warner Cable is almost $95/mo!! (it's cheaper if you bundle). I will of course have to have them come out and determine if a dish can be put on my house and not blocked by my large trees.

I'll keep you posted on my decisions! I hope to make a decision by the end of the week...if not, definiately by the first week of February!

No comments: