Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Healthy Lifestyle

I have some many ideas swimming around in my head that I don't even know where to start this blog post! (surprising, I know!)

Most of my last updates have been Real Estate news and advice, but this is going to be more about me!

I feel like I've said this sentence many many times: "As many of you know, I love social media!" Hey, it's true, so I might as well keep saying it! It's funny b/c I didn't join twitter OR facebook for those reasons. I joined Facebook a few years ago to "spy" on my friends son. (He knew this and was instructed to "Friend" me). I of course quickly switched from myspace to facebook and fell in love. As for twitter, I can't remember the exact situation, but it was a deal I made with Wes. If he helped me with something or other, I would join twitter (he of course had to set me up). I too have grown to love twitter. I manage three twitter accounts (personal, 1154 Lill KC and Re/Max State Line) and have "connected" with a ton of great people!

My "connects" on twitter & facebook is what today's blog is really about! I follow a bunch of fitness experts, professionals and lovers on twitter. Some I follow on twitter and facebook. I started following fitbottomedgirl on twitter a while back, then joined their facebook fan page. A few weeks ago there was a post on the Fit Bottomed Girl facebook page about a weight loss documentary/challenge in the Kansas City area. I had NO idea that one of the founders was located in Kansas City! I decided to email for more information. After a few emails, I decided I'd interview for this challenge.

I met yesterday with Jessica Edwards, owner of The Energy Zone 151 who has teamed up with Jennipher Walters of Fit Bottomed Girls for this challenge. We chatted for a while about health, fitness and my weight loss issues (that's another blog entirely!). Long story short, I was sold on her ideas and willing to try something new! They approach weight loss on a personal level and try to customize an individual approach for each client to lose weight and feel better. SOLD. She's hoping to help my tummy issues, allergies (SCORE) and shakes I sometimes get when I'm hungry. I of course am not doing Jessica or her program justice (check out her website: www.energyzone151.net), but hopefully you get the general idea.

The actual "challenge" doesn't start until September 30th (the day before I leave for MEXICO), but I met with her today and we discussed a few things including upping my protein intake. Her ultimate goal is to increase my metabolism so that I can burn fat more efficiently. I'm hoping to get a few friends on board with this challenge as well. It will also include grocery & restaurant outings and cooking lessons! It sounds like it should be a BLAST!!!

I'll keep you posted on the status. I'm attending a "happy hour" next week at Energy Zone 151 to sample some of their fabulous shakes. I had some of the energy tea today and I can say I didn't hit my normal 2pm wall!

No comments: