Monday, September 27, 2010

Metabolism Boost/Cleanse

Well, I did it. I did a "cleanse". I've heard of so many different types of cleanses and none of them sounds like "fun" or very healthy for that matter! As I mentioned in a previous post, I signed up for an 8 week weight loss challenge with The Energy Zone 151 & Fit Bottomed Girls. The challenge doesn't begin until Oct 9th and I'm heading to Mexico THIS Friday!! Long story short, I got convinced to try their cleanse, which is really more of a metabolism boost.

Here's the basics:
Day 1: Drink 2 gallons of a mixture of Metabolife Beverage Mix, Protein, Aloe & Water
Day 2: 5 protein shakes
Day 3: 2 protein shakes and a meal

Day 1: I was planning on starting last Monday, but Terri convinced me to start on Sunday with her. I'm SO happy that I started on Sunday! I made the mix on Saturday night so it was ready and chilled for Sunday. I drank ALL 2 gallons!! (let's face it, I drink a lot as it is). I did sleep in a bit and take a little nap to avoid hunger pains. I noticed that as long as I was drinking, I was ok. Once I stopped, that's when I started feeling yucky. Around 2pm I was super hungry but just kept drinking. Pretty much my day was: drink a glass, pee, fill my glass. REPEAT. haha. I think I'm most proud that I actually DID IT! I made it the entire day AND drank all 2 gallons. (honestly I would have been happy just to make it through the day!). Thankfully the mix tasted great (would have been awesome with a little Vodka. haha).

Day 2: 5 shakes. I made a different shake each time. I knew if I made the same one, I'd go crazy!! I did pretty good and tried to spread out the shakes to I wasn't hungry. I even made it to spin class!!

Day 3: I could not WAIT to eat a real meal!! I had my two shakes and had a big ol salad from Sweet Tomato's for dinner. I did wake up with a headache Tuesday morning, but not sure if it was life or cleanse related. Could have been either or both! :) I attempted to workout but was unmotivated (which was probably just life, not clease related).

Overall: I lost about 1 pound. They said I could lose more, but honestly, I'm ok with the 1 pound. (that was from Thursday to Thursday weight) I'm not sure I'll do the cleanse again. It did make me feel better and I've really been trying to watch my white flour and sugar intake. I'm most proud that I was able to accomplish this goal in a healthy way. I got plenty of protein each day and calories, which is what is important!!

I'm excited for the challenge to begin!!

No comments: