Friday, August 29, 2008

Kansas City Chiefs

I've lived in Kansas City almost 8 years and have only been to ONE Chief's game. It was when I was still working at the Ad Agency and they let me use one of their seats. I couldn't even tell you who the Chief's were playing, just that it was pretty cold and I was not dressed appropriately!!

My friend Tina & her husband have season tickets to the Chiefs and invited me to go along to the second (and final) home pre-season game vs (go figure) the St Louis Rams. Since I am not a big football fan (my trainer/friend Brandon says he's going to explain it to me) I really have no alliance...and I KNOW how serious Chief's fans can be! I wasn't about to go into the stadium in Rams gear - not that I own any. Instead, I went out and got a cool pink Chiefs shirt. (I just got a cool pink jeweled KC hat and wanted to wear it...hello, red & pink clash people!). So, we go to the game and get their early enough for a little tailgating. It's starting to spit so we decide to go in. We got in JUST IN TIME!! Just as they scanned our tickets the downpour happened!!! We went and got an additional rain slicker and just stood and watched the rain pour down....and then start hailing!!! It settled down and we went to our seats. Then again, it started pouring. This happened two times before the game finally started (not only was there rain, but there was lightening so they game was postponed). We made it through half-time and during the third quarter we went for a bathroom break and snacks. We turned around and it was pouring again!! Tina decided that was enough and we headed home. BUT, the CHIEFS WON!! They promised to take me back to another game (probably colder) but hopefully not as wet! I did have a good time. I guess none of the good players were playing...but how would I know?!

Hey, it was another location to add to my Kansas City Stay-cation!!! I'm loving this! If this is what it takes to finally experience the city I live in, then I'll do it!!

AND remember, I am STILL WORKING....so please help me stay busy and send your friends and family my way!! :)

No comments: