Monday, August 25, 2008

A long, but fun weekend!

Well, I'm back in Kansas City!! My Kansas City Stay-cation did include a trip across the state to experience St Louis.

...but before St Louis.

Thursday my cousin and I had a pretty relaxing day (at least compared to the action packed day on Wednesday). We had lunch at one of my new favorite spots - Ingredients with my friend Meredith (she too LOVES that place) and her cousin. I then took my cousin out to the Legends to shop and look around. After we went to the gym to work out with my trainer Brandon - even though she did gymnastics throughout high school and college, she'd never worked out with a trainer. It was fun...but tiring. Thursday night we went with a bunch of friends to the Power & Light Districts KC Live.

Friday we got on the road and headed to St Louis to see the rest of the family!! We had dinner with the parents then went to my brother's friends birthday party. It was a major culture shock for my cousin. For those of you who don't know, I went to a predominantly black highschool. We went to a ghetto club Friday night - I think there were two or three other white people (that's not counting me, my cousin and my brother!) haha. We were fine and I never felt unsafe. I had a few friends from highschool come out with us.

Saturday after sleeping in we went on the Anheuser Busch Tour - I'd never been!! (yes, I know I'm from St Louis). It was actually pretty cool. It was over an hour and you went all over the property which spans quit an area. They have these HUGE "tanks" of beer that to empty you'd have to drink a six pack of beer every hour for 137 years!! That's a lot! After the tour we went to the arch. Unfortunately, we were running very late and they didn't tell us it would take us 30min in line to get to the top. By the time we got to the top, not only were we MAJORLY running late, but it was pouring!!! So we didn't even get to see the awesome view of the city!! When we left, it was still pouring so we were SOAKING wet by the time we got to the car. And the funny thing, the rest of the city didn't get a drop!!!! Saturday night my friend Ashley came in from Kansas City and we all went to HOME in Ameristar. It was fun.

Sunday Crescent left - I already miss her! We had soooo much fun. Sunday afternoon Ashley, Justin (my brother's best friend aka my favorite brother) and I went to the Cards game. We had AWESOME seats - you could see the whole stadium! (thanks Diane!) AND...the Cardinals won!! Ashley and I got back to Kansas City around 1030pm last night.

Needless to say, I'm super tired but had an AWESOME week!!!

Jodi

No comments: