Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Yummy Food & Text Messaging

Hopefully everyone's week is starting off great. I'm trying to get better about posting blogs. Yeah me. haha.

So last night I went to a new restaurant - (in gre di ent) (there are some dots and dashes in there by my computer doesn't have that...or maybe I just don't know how to find them). Anyway, it's in the new section of Town Center on the back side. I met some of the girls from my old ABWA group there (kind of another story, but we all dropped out b/c it wasn't the kind of networking we needed...it really wasn't any networking). It was really good! They have salads, sandwiches, wraps and pizza. You can pick one of their salads or create your own. I had a 1/2 sandwich of the day with a 1/2 salad. Very good. Then the girls MADE me get with them these dough things that were VERY good. (Don't worry, I'll be working out extra long today....you can join me if you'd like) I highly reccomend it. Turns out there is also one in Lawrence! (pretty reasonably priced as well!)

Text Messaging. At first I thought this was silly...why are kids doing this 24/7. Just call! But, I've found that there are plenty of times that it's MUCH easier to text than call (or email for that matter). And from my last Sprint bill, it's apparent, that I too have caught the "text messaging bug". (don't worry, I have since added unlimited texts - thanks Devin!) So, I was looking through my Women in Business Magazine (probably my last since I didn't renew with ABWA - American Business Women's Association) and there is an article titled "Six Top Reasons To Use Text Messaging In Your Business" Right on!! I think Devin (my favorite Sprint guy) was my friend client I texted, but I have had a few since. It's a quick and easy way to make sure things get done. Most of the article is for business (lke restaurants, dry cleaners, etc) who can collect names & numbers and send group texts to alert about deals/sales/etc. But, I was just so happy to see this article. In my business many people think that in order to "touch" a client you must call or talk in person. I don't agree...and I think most of my clients are on the same page as I am. I think (or at least hope) that many of them are just as satisfied with a quick email or text from me. My thinking is....if I email or text them, they can respond when it's convenient for THEM...not on my schedule! If I call, I might be calling at a time that doesn't work for them.

Have a great rest of the week!
Jodi

No comments: