Monday, August 11, 2008

Race For The Cure!

Sunday, August 10th I did the Kansas City Race for the Cure. It starts and ends at Union Station. I've done it in the past, but it's been quite a few years. It is of course a great cause! My grandma is a breast cancer survivor (in additon to many many other great women ...and men). I went with the girls in my weigh watchers group. We did the 3 mile walk. I think there were over 25,000 people there!! It was so great to see so many people out there for such a great cause!

Sunday afternoon my friend Ashley & I went to the send off open house for Miss Teen Kansas! She's the daughter of a friend! She leaves Tuesday for the competition at the end of the week -- good luck Jessie!!!

On a side note. Many of you know I'm in a major workout mode. I typically work out 6 days a week and I LOVE it! I love how I feel and I love all the great people I've met at my gym (Prairie Life Center in Overland Park.). Last week I took yoga. I was a little bored, but it was such a great stretch...I'm going to try and add it to my weekly routine. The only hard part is that typically Sunday is my day off! But the teacher is great and helps me do all the poses correctly!

No comments: