Friday, October 8, 2010

Bone Thugs-N-Harmony @ VooDoo Lounge KC



I have been to the VooDoo Lounge in Kansas City before (great 30th birthday party) but I had never been to a concert...until last night!! One of my twitter/facebook friends is the "official tweeter" for Harrah's North Kansas City & VooDooKC. She posted on her facebook wall on Wednesday that she'd be tweeting at the Bone Thugs-N-Harmony concert on Thursday night and needed to do some research on their songs. I listended to Bone Thugs back in high school and love some of their songs! I quickly let her know that I would LOVE to go with her. Knowing that I would tweet live from the event, she invited me along!!



The concert was suppose to start at 8pm but the opening acts did not go on until about 845pm. Since I got there before 8pm, I was standing in the front row!! I think I saw every "wanna be rapper" (as my mom calls them) in the Kansas City area. Some were pretty good..others, not so much. I DID score a free cd from one of the rappers!!!




Finally, around 11pm the Bone Thugs FINALLY took the stage. It was a good performance - over and hour!! I learned that you DO NOT wear heels (even your "comfy" ones) when you are going to be standing at a concert for over 4 hours!). I was exhausted when I left but was so happy for this opportunity to see the Bone Thugs and tweet live from a concert!!!

No comments: