Saturday, October 16, 2010

Real Estate Bar Camp Kansas City - #REBCKC

I love experiencing new things! Wednesday I went to my very first Bar Camp. What is a Bar Camp you might ask? Well, it's really just a group of people getting together and sharing ideas. They happen all over and on various topics. I went to a Real Estate related Bar Camp. There were various topics including facebook, twitter, SEO (search engine optimization), video, YELP, etc. I learned a lot AND best of all got to meet some great people. The most exciting thing for me was to meet IN PERSON a few of the people I was already following on twitter.

Here are just a few things I learned. (If you'd like all my notes, just let me know and I can email them to you!!)
- Make yourself accessible online
- The one thing to remember is you can't do everything
- Twitter is the best way of "bookmarking" yourself. Make sure you include links to your website at least once a month
- Google yourself often to make sure you come up!
- When taking a video of an areas, make sure it's non-perishable. You don't want it to be obvious if you use it years later
- A video of your listing is support to entice the buyer to come and see your listing. Don't show them everything or tell them the obvious
- Do not make your videos too long
- YELP is a great site for writing and receiving reviews of people and businesses




I am so glad I was able to experience this great event. Later that night I went and met a few of the great people out for more bonding! I'm so glad I got to meet some great new people and learn some good information!!

No comments: