Tuesday, October 26, 2010

FGB Challenge - Eating Right, Body Jam



This weeks FBG (Fit Bottomed Girls) group outing was at Element Fitness! We took a body jam (hip hop) class and it was a BLAST!!! We toured the gym, chatted about different exercises and got our groove on during class!!

We are now in WEEK #3 of the challenge. I am starting to really get a hang of the low carb/sugar "diet". I eat out quite a bit (it's my social thing), but have found ways to adapt. Here are just a few suggestions of places I've gone and items I chose:

Gordon Biersch - Grilled Chicken Cashew Salad - this was awesome!! I didn't have to make any changes or pick out anything! I wanted to get their Hummus Salad (which I've had before and is great) but it comes with pita and I knew I wouldn't be able to resist!

Houlihan's - I've actually gone here twice since the challenge started!! The first time I got their french onion soup (I asked for them to leave out the bread) and their chop salad (I picked out the croutons). The second time I got the Almond Crusted Tilapia which is served with Asparagus. It was great!!

Typically when I'm watching what I eat, I avoid Mexican restaurants, but I've gone TWICE since starting this challenge and can happily report I ate ZERO chips!! (Confession: I was going to eat ONE Sunday night but Wes hit my hand and wouldn't let me cheat!) I did, however, still enjoy the espinaca/queso dips - I just asked for cut veggies. Green peppers go GREAT with the dip!! For my meal, I got fajitas and asked them not to bring out the tortilla shells. At Jose Pepper's, they serve their fajitas with rice (which I honestly could do without anyway) so I asked for steamed veggies - which are awesome!!




Honey Baked Ham - I didn't know until last week that the Honey Baked Ham stores also serve lunch!! I got the chef salad which was great!



There are plenty of low carb/sugar options at restaurants. You might have to make a few alterations, but it's worth it in the end!!!

No comments: